Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Beam Troubles!


On a cool day I was at gymnastics. We were on the scratchy beam. My LEAST favorite event. We were doing handstands.

I did a perfect one but, I didn’t land on the beam like I was supposed to. Instead, I landed between the two, blue mats. I felt something crack! It was my ankle!

I screamed because it hurt so bad. We put freezing, cold ice on it before my mom even got to the gym. I couldn’t stop crying!

While we waited for my mom, my aunt Heather, who was there, took me down for the last of conditioning. Luckily, it didn’t have anything to do with ankles. But, Mrs. Osh, my coach, helped me anyway.

After gymnastics I could barely walk on it. My mom made me prop up my foot in the middle seat in the car.

When we got home I took off my leotard and put on my pjs. My mom made me prop up my foot on a pillow. She said, ‘’It’s good for a hurt ankle.’’

The next day we went to get it X-rayed. In the X-ray room I was so scared I almost screamed. The X-ray room was dark and black. The X-ray machine was white with a bright, red light. I got it X-rayed. My mom thought it was really bad break, but it was a really bad sprain.

So we got in the car and went to Walmart. We got a fiery, red wrap and bright purple wrap for my ankle. I put the fiery, red wrap on my ankle first.

The rest of the day I rested on the red, leathery couch. My ankle still hurt. But the wrap helped me walk on it.

The next day I went back to school. I thought it was a pretty good day back at school. It still hurt to walk on it but, I walked on it anyway. Will I sprain my ankle again? I hope not.


Posted By: Gymnast10

1 comment: