Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Famous Kentuckian, Naomi Judd



Hello, my name is Naomi Judd. I was born on January 11, 1946. My parents’ names are Charles and Pauline Judd. I was married to Larry Strickland and I have two children.

I was a single mom trying to raise two children

I worked several jobs including a nurse, secretary, and a waitress.

With my daughter Wynonna Judd we formed the very successful singing duo known as The Judds. Our first number one album Why Not Me was in 1984. We sold 20 million records and 15 number one hits and we received over 60 music awards. We received 6 Grammy awards and 7 straight CMA vocal group of the year awards.

At the top of my career I came down with an illness and had to retire from singing. The Judds said good-bye to our fans in 1991.I served as the First National spokesperson for the American Liver Foundation. Using my fame, I tried to educate audiences as a keynote speaker. In 2004 I became a beast selling author. I am now cured of my illness and enjoying life supporting my 2 daughters and writing books. 



Posted by: Sparkle Candy

2 comments:

  1. My mom's favorite band is the Judds. Did you know she is Ashley Judds mom to?

    ReplyDelete